Sunday, April 15, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Kathleen

Hey friends :) I'm here with another Sunday Sketch challenge and it might be one of my favourite Citrus Twist Kits sketches I've worked with so far. A sketch that involves lots of circles can only be good, if you ask me ;) So, here's the sketch:

Citrus Twist Kits - April 2018 - Sunday Sketch with Kathleen

And here is my take on it*. You will see that I stuck almost 100% to the sketch - I juts really loved the design. The only thing that didn't work out for me was the wide paper strip in the lower part of the layout, behind the photo and title.

* You can find a process video for my layout at the end of this post 

Happy Times by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits #cratepaperHappy Times by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits #cratepaper

But other than that, it's almost exactly as it is in the sketch. Of course you can change it up as much or as little as you like. I just didn't feel like it needed a lot of changing.

For the circles in the sketch I used a 1.5" paper punch and punched them out of some of the patterned papers and also the sheet of vellum from the Scrapbook Main kit. For the navy blue circle in the second row I used a sticker from the Pinkfresh Studio The Mix No. 2 cardstock stickers - it had the perfect size, fit the colours of my punched out circles perfectly and even had a phrase that fit for this page. It was almost meant to be ;)

Happy Times by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits #cratepaper
Happy Times by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits #cratepaper

I also used some smaller circle stickers, punch outs and embellishments to layer on the bigger circles, and added some stitching, too. For the circles where I added another paper layer, I used my sewing machine to stitch the layer down in order to add more dimension.

Now onto the lower half of the layout. The sketch shows a tag tucked in behind the photo and I planned to add my journaling on it. To be able to pull it out, I used the vellum from the main kit to make a pocket that would hold the tag.

Happy Times by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits #cratepaperHappy Times by ScatteredConfetti. // #scrapbooking #citrustwistkits #cratepaper

To make my photo stand out a little more, I wanted to add some colour behind it, but none of the patterned papers really worked. In the end I used that beautiful striped paper from the Pink Paislee/Paige Evans "Pick Me Up" foam mini alpha sticker package.

For my title I used a mix of those mini alpha stickers and a die cut from the American Crafts "Stay Colorful" ephemera pack. And, to finish it off, of course I added some paint splatters and some stamping with the CTK exclusive stamps.

And as promised before, here is the process video, in case you want to see how this page came together :)


I am very happy with how the layout turned out - especially with the colour scheme. I don't think I've ever used it before but I am very much in love with it. So you might be seeing another project with the same colours soon, haha ;)

Now it's your turn!  To play along with this week's sketch and to be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK Store,  create a layout based off of this week's sketch and upload it to the CTK Facebook group with today's date (04/15) in the description. Can't wait to see what you all come up with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment