Sunday, April 22, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Kira

Hey everyone!  It's Kira and I am back with another layout for Sunday Sketch, this time working in my Travelers Notebook.

Here's a look at the sketch this week:


And here's my take on it:


I started this layout by choosing my photos, since the sketch called for two, I grabbed these two of my youngest son playing in the sprinkler.  I had already printed them in color before I started this layout, so a lot of the products I chose were to coordinate with the photos.

The sketch called for journaling in between the photos, so I thought this would be a good time to to use one of the journaling cards in the pocket life kit.  I found this one that says "Feel the Sunshine" and had some peach tones to it that I felt work well with my photo.  But a little fun fact about me:  my handwriting is HUGE!  So I knew there was no way I could fit my story on this journaling card.  Instead, I used a few of the phrase stamps from the main kit and the PL kit and stamped all over the card.



I added a cluster just to the side of the journaling card, since the sketch called for a paper clipped cluster at the top of it, but didn't want to cover up the "title".  I loved this little mer-cat stamp, but didn't think I would ever find a reason to use it on a page.  But I thought, "When would be better than with a photo of Ellie in the sprinkler?" and it made it on the layout.  It only made sense that I would add the other two mer-cats at this point, right?



I also built a little cluster to the left of my page.  I wanted to bring in the blue and green (aqua?) to that side of the layout.


You can see that I adjusted the placement a lot with this sketch/layout.  But always keeping the main points of the sketch.  I loved the layers at the top of the sketch, so I used a paper from the PL kit and a paper from the main kit and stitched them together (prior to adding them to my TN).


And built a little cluster on top as well.  I finished off by adding my journaling to the white space.


I hope you try out this sketch yourself!  I can't wait to see what everyone creates!

xo,

Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment